Hercule Poirot and Miss Marples are among golden age sleuths giving new inspiration to a genre tired of alcoholic divorcees and goth hackers.
Thursday, 15 September 2016
Thursday, 8 September 2016
Libraries are changing -- and so are the jobs of the specialists w
2. Upward Job Prospect Trend
3. Libraries Are Proactively Changing
Public libraries have been making major changes to remain relevant in an increasingly digital world. Here are some of those changes:
- Offering movie rentals
- Renting board and video games
- Renting meeting rooms to businesses
- Offering power tool rentals
- Renting musical instruments
- Offering free Wi-Fi
- Providing access to 3D printers
- Giving out free seeds to plant
- Providing computer and tech classes
4. Broad Range of Librarian Jobs
- User service librarians aid individuals in navigating the library and finding material to conduct research.
- Technical service librarians obtain, prepare, and organize library materials.
- Administrative services librarians are focused on the more business-oriented aspects of the library (staffing, budgets, library material contracts, and fundraising).
- Corporate librarians are hired by private businesses (insurance companies, consulting firms, and publishing companies) to assist employees as they conduct research.
- Government librarians assist government staff.
- Law librarians work in law school libraries and law firms. They organize legal resources and aid lawyers, law students, judges and law clerks with their research.
- Medical librarians help health professionals, patients, and researchers find health-related information. They teach medical students how to find information and answer consumer health questions.
Libraries and librarians have continually fought to remain relevant as technology has rapidly changed. Due to the hard work of librarians, library organizations, and many others, library based careers are still a lucrative career choice.