Monday 30 May 2011

Sherlock Holmes - Robert Downey Jr. Version

After a bit of a lull, I decided to get back to watching older movies in the library.   Suggestions to 'oldies but goodies' are very important, especially when all the new releases have long holds lists.

I pulled out Sherlock Holmes, the 2009 edition with Robert Downey Jr.  I think that RDJ is a fantastic actor who really gets into the characters.  His Chaplin was great.

However, I was not so impressed with his Sherlock Holmes.  I know that I have been influenced by the other versions which seem to be more 'Victorian'.  I don't know.  Certainly, many have said that RDJ's version of Holmes is closer to the books, but I just couldn't get over all the special effects.  Perhaps they were just over the top or maybe I just couldn't see how they really enhanced the story, I don't know.

What is your review?

No comments:

Post a Comment