Tuesday 19 July 2011

Viewing Map - Bend it Like Beckham

I was introduced to Reading Maps while teaching a course on Readers' Advisory.  The charting of additional titles to find out more about a book read was compelling, but daunting to someone like me who is not so detailled oriented.

However, when preparing my viewers' advisory presentation for the Ontario Library Association Conference, I did look at a Viewer's Map for a Bend it like Beckam.

With the assistance of my Viewers' Advisory Bible, VideoHound's Golden Movie Retriever, I was able to locate a couple of  topic lists.

Bend It Like Beckam Viewing Map

 ¡Female Bonding           

Calendar Girls             
First Wives Club            
Thelma and Louise  
Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood  

Culture Clash 
   
¡
The Namesake
My Beautiful Laundrette    
My Big Fat Greek Wedding    
Bride and Prejudice
This technique can be applied to a wide range of movies.  I would be interested to hear from others who have used this technique or have just tried it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment