Tuesday 10 June 2014

We're Almost There!

Ten days and counting!  I was just over to the Fleming Library earlier this morning.  The furniture is being put in place and the shelves are starting to take shape.  We even have a circulation desk!  It is becoming a reality that the west end of Lincoln is finally getting a new library building.


As we get really to move, we have been busy clearing out and packing up decades of 'stuff'.  I can't believe how many boxes of shredding have left my tiny office. I am working now in 'chaos' with boxes and bags everywhere.


It will be a bittersweet move because the current library building has been here since 1851 and everyone loves its cosy feel and good location.  However, it will eventually have new tenants who will bring new energy to it.


I won't be posting next week because I am not sure when we will have Internet in the new place.


If you are able, please visit us on June 21 at 10:00 a.m. for the grand opening of our new 'digs'.  It really is bright and beautiful. The address is 5020 Serena Dr., off Ontario St. in Beamsville.

No comments:

Post a Comment