I hope that all of you are having a great Family Literacy Day. Literacy should be a daily practice for everyone of all ages.
Here are some suggestions of fun literacy activities from the Lincoln Public Library's Family Literacy Day bingo card.
1. Make a family picture where everyone draws themselves.
2. Tell a family story together
3. Go to the library together
4. Tell each other a 'knock-knock' joke.
5. Write and illustrate your own mini-book
6. Read a recipe and cook together
7. Read a 'wake up' story in the morning together
There are some many easy and practical ways to practice literacy. Try one tomorrow!