Friday 8 April 2011

Viewers' Advisory and Training Part 3

Having a familiar format reference tool like the Video Hound is one way to make VA work seem familiar to RA service providers.

Another way is to show staff the ways that VA and RA are similar.

When I was looking at developing what VA meant to me, I did a little test on myself.  I used my factors of appeal for reading and applied them to what I liked in movies.  I was pleasantly surprised to realize that the same factors of appeal came into play for both books and movies.

So, you can again create a familiar atmosphere for staff to let them know that many of the same factors of appeal can be used for both RA and VA.

Certainly, there are some differences, but those can identified after becoming comfortable with the similarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment